خرید بک لینک
Seven migrants dead in shipwreck: Italian navy

500 people were pulled to safety and seven bodies recovered after a heavily crowded boat overtued off the Libyan coast. Photo: Gabriel Buoys/AFP

AFP · 25 May 2016, 13:11

Published: 25 May 2016 13:11 GMT+02:00

The navy said 500 people had been pulled to safety and seven bodies recovered, but rescue operations were continuing and the death toll could rise.

More details to follow.

For more news from Italy, join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Today's headlines

Seven migrants dead in shipwreck: Italian navy

500 people were pulled to safety and seven bodies recovered after a heavily crowded boat overtued off the Libyan coast. Photo: Gabriel Buoys/AFP

Rescue operations are continuing and the death toll could rise.

Italy finds 'body-filled' wreck of WWII submarine

Italian divers have located the wreck of a T-class Second World War submarine. Photo: Wikimedia Commons.

Experts say the bodies of 71 servicemen are still sealed inside the airtight submarine.

Video

200-metre sinkhole swallows cars in central Florence

Photo: Vigili del Fuoco

The accident was probably caused by erosion from the River Ao.

Rome in €500m plea to restore historic icons to former glory

A man dressed as Julius Caesare takes part in an event to mark the aiversary of the legendary foundation of the Eteal City in 753 BC, on April 19th, 2015. Photo: Filippo Monteforte/AFP

"We need help to ensure Rome continues to be a reference point in terms of beauty for the whole world."

Italy says another 3,000 migrants rescued off Libya

Migrants rest aboard the rescue ship "Aquarius", on May 24th after a rescue operation in front of the Libyan coast. Photo: Gabriel Bouys/AFP

The overwhelming majority of those arriving in Italy so far this year have been from sub-Saharan Africa.

Did a Nazi official save Ponte Vecchio from destruction?

Florence's Ponte Vecchio. Photo: Colby Blaisdell/Flickr

Ponte Vecchio is one of the world’s most famous bridges. Rebuilt after a flood in 1345, it was the only bridge across the Ao that the escaping Germans did not destroy during the Second World War. Many put the bridge’s survival down to a Nazi official, as Stephen Caruso reports.

And Lonely Planet's 3rd 'must visit' Europe destination is...

This Italian town is a 'must see' this year. Photo: Gatnau/Flickr

Drumroll, please.

Plush Sardinian resort serves Harrods with eviction notice

Harrods has been told it caot open in Sardinia this year. Photo: Rick Payette/Tony Sheng/Hl_1001/Flickr

“Everybody, including Harrods, needs to obey the same rules."

Italian football hooligan gets 26 years for rival fan's murder

Daniele De Santis has been found guilty of killing a Napoli fan ahead of the Italian Cup final in 2014. Photos: Rome police/AFP

Daniele De Santis, a Roma 'ultra' and right-wing militant, was on Tuesday found guilty of killing 31-year-old Ciro Esposito.

GO! Italians asked to vote on coveted Monopoly locations

Photo: Jonathan Lin/Flickr

The classic board game is getting an Italian makeover - and you can have a say in how the finished board looks.

برچسب: نویسنده: استخدام کار تاريخ: چهارشنبه 5 خرداد 1395 ساعت: 19:11

صفحه بندی